Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pho Vinh, Colonial

Last Wednesday I had lunch at these Vietnamese restaurant on 50 near Total Wine on North Primrose. I had shrimp and pork in vermicelli rice for $8. It was fine. I was a little scared when the waiter ran back to the kitchen with the sauce and then returned too soon for him to have poured out the old bowl and refreshed it with a new batch. I swallowed my reserve and thought back on all those occasions in foreign countries or sketchy curb side vending carts and ate as if I was blissfully unaware of what ever critter of human debris had fallen into that sauce cup. The shrimp (3) were over grilled (burned). I should have gone with one of the soups with french bread accompaniments, but, I wasn't very hungry. The service was good otherwise. It seats about 120. It was pretty empty. There is a small bar in the back. the cielings are low. It has windows on the street side. The art is conducive to this type of food. Not all the furniture matches.

No comments: