Friday, November 6, 2009

Thai Cafe, Downtown

I bought a take home dinner at this Thai restaurant next to Philly Style Hoagies near the Comerica building yesterday. I tried Drunken Noodles for $7 for the first time. I usually don't love Thai noodle dishes such as Pad Thai because of the calories and the consistency of the noodles. I have to say the same about this dish. The flavors were good, but, even these broad flat noodles didn't do it for me. They are just too pasty. The noodles were steeped in the sauce. They came with some carrot slivers, sweated onions, and chicken. I ordered it medium spicy and it was hot. The portion size was good. It came with a side 'salad" (hunk of iceberg). The place isn't stylish. The decor is sparse. The room is rectangular. The kitchen is semi open in the middle of the floor plan. It seat about 50. Two people were there. They served quickly. It's now open for dinner.

No comments: