Monday, November 30, 2009

Palmano's, Winter Park - Closed

Last Friday I had dinner/snack at this annex of the similiarly named deli on Park Ave. I tried their individual pizza (Christie) for $9. It was a whole wheat dough with artichokes and pepperoni. The toppings were of a good quality but I wish they would eschew my health and do away with the tree bark. They have a limited dinner men (pasta/sandwichs). Most offerings are just under or over the pizza price range. It seats about 12 inside, 5 at the bar, and 12 outside. They have wine and espresso and gelato. Unfortunately, they have perpetrated the soft Italian crime of distributing tiny, beaker sized servings of soda. I feel like Zoolander looking at the tiny school (model) when I see one of these disappointments coming. It's not like they charge half the price. What is the point? They must be harder to get. They aren't that cute. Anyway. The service was good. The place is cozy. It looks like an italian gelatoria. The owners seemed to be minding the store.

No comments: