Monday, November 30, 2009

Old Spice Classic, Disney

This was the bargain of the year. $10 (1/2 off $20 if a Florida resident - not mentioned in the ads) got me the runner-up game and the finals last night. Parking was free too. I could have had almost any seat. I chose the second row, three seats to the right of center court. I had no one next to me! This venue is called The Milk House. I saw Alabama win at the end against a horrible Michigan team and FSU win at the end against Marquette. Some lady kept screaming Jeremy Butler for one of their players. Too bad for her that he was Jeremy "Takes It Up The Butt-ler" as he missed about a dozen free throws to cost them the game. The place must seat 2500. I would guess 750 showed. They did their best to create some excitement. It still cracks me up how much old women from the mid west support their mediocre sports teams. They even wear uni's! This session started at 5pm and ended at 9:45pm. Session 1 started at 10am. They played 2 sessions a day on Thursday and Saturday. They have seats not benches. If you are in town and you do not go to this next year, you are depriving yourself of a real treat. They have 8 D1 teams every year.

No comments: