Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Passage To India, I Drive

I had a late (10:30pm) snack at this Indian restaurant on the Fun Spot side of I Drive. It is the oldest of three locations in south Orlando. I just grabbed some Whole Wheat Naan ($2) (for variety) and a Vegetable Samosa appetizer ($6) for the road. It was ready before I signed my name to the bill. Not that this meant it wasn't fresh. It was. The samosa's were mostly potato and not greasy. The bread tasted like bark, but, I expected it to. I used it and their dipping sauces to make Indian fish tacos last night. The place looks like ass from the outside. Really scary. But, inside it isn't half bad. It is a little worn in, but, I will call that "character". It has the expected Indian flair. The owners couldn't have been nicer. They even threw in a free soda. Who says Indians are skin flints? We are fortunate to have so many good Indian restaurants in the area. This one is certainly no exception. It must seat 90. There were still about 10 people there at 10+pm on a Sunday. I had to read A Passage To India in high school. This was a much more enjoyable experience.

No comments: