Sunday, December 6, 2009

Caddies Pub, Lake Mary - Closed

Last Wednesday I had lunch at this Pub off 46A in between Sanford and Lake Mary. It has been Harvey's Bistro and Spice Modern Steakhouse (maybe others) in the past. They haven't changed much. They added video games in the back, golf themes in the front, and furnished spartanly. All but one long table and a 4 seater are high tops (for the inner child longing for their high chair). I find high tops bad for the back (even in non-codgers). There is no art work in the ravine-like middle dining area. They have TVs instead. It must seat 40 in the middle, 20 at the bar and 20 outside (the patio area was always great). I had the Bogey Burger for $9. It was a Deluxe BBQ Cheeseburger with bacon and fries. To be honest, the burger had so much going on in it that I couldn't really tell if it had any flavor on its own. I think it did have some sort of rub on it (not a plus). It was mostly Medium (some Well Done). The fries were those awful battered fries that BK made famous (it supposedly tastes good to their target demo). The service was good. They had two cute waitresses and a bartender. All were friendly. They serve typical pub apps and entrees. Nothing too fancy. I'm not a pub type of guy. I don't get places like Chili's or Applebee's that load you up with empty calories. I'll succumb if I'm watching a game and have no choice. If you have read Eat This Not That places like this scare you. They specialize in 1500-2000 calorie meals. There is also nothing fanciful on the menu. You don't feel transported to a different place or time. I guess I'm more Player than Caddie. That being said, there was nothing wrong with the execution if you are satisfied with this type of establishment.

No comments: