Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Four Rivers Smokehouse, Winter Park

I had "dinner" (brought it home) at this BBQ restaurant on Fairbanks near I-4 today. Now I know you know my penchant for attacking bad experiences immediately, but, this time I had to log on because it was soooo good. I had a Angus Beef Brisket Sandwich with 2 sides (Smoked Jalapenos and Baked Cheese Grits) for $7.49. Outrageous. Outrageously good! I was full half way into it but I powered my way through. The Brisket was so smokey, so tender, so good that the roll (although good) had to be discarded. I eventually put the bacon wrapped, cheese filled jalapenos in it for another sandwich. The grits were served in a square like Polenta. So cheesy. So good. And let me reiterate. I nuked this for dinner and it was still amazing.

The place is brand new so it is clean. They have picnic tables outside. The place must be called Four Rivers because that is what the line to get into this place looks like. People were parking on neighbors lawns! But, the line moved quick. The servers were knowledgeable and polite. They explained where the Brisket is on the cow (front leg/shoulder). They explained how they carve it. They explained the sides. No lip or frustrated sneers. They took AMEX. They serve Pork and Chicken and Turkey and Sausage and Ribs and Quesadillas and Salads and Wings and 15 sides. They are open until 8pm (9pm on Sat). If I lived near here I would go for a week straight - check my weight - and if I hadn't gained 5 lbs, I would come back every day. They even have desserts and froo-froo beverages. High end, high quality BBQ. Outstanding. Will be on National Best Lists soon.

No comments: