Sunday, December 20, 2009

Piper's, Downtown - Closed

I had lunch at this sports bar on Orange and Church under the movie theater yesterday. I had a turkey sandwich with Apples and Brie on a Croissant for $9. I know not typical sports bar fare. It was ok. The Croissant was a bit old. The Brie must have been cut by the guy who cut the garlic in prison in Good Fellas. It was almost see thru. They also included 22 fries. I know it was 22 because they were visibly scarce. I've never had fries that didn't form a pile. The place is decorated disjointedly. Probably because it used to be a UK themed pub. Now that pub decor is blended with sports objects. And those two themes are set against the original build out that must have been searching for a trendier tenant. The black backdrop and floors make it somber and show all signs of wear. It must seat 100. They have a bar. Six people were eating or drinking with me. The price range averages just under $10. It was one of the few restaurants open for lunch. It took a little while to get served.

No comments: