Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nico Globos, Lake Mary - Closed

I had lunch at this European style restaurant on Monday. Don't try and predict anything from the name. It is made up. I had the soup and sandwich for $8.95. I felt as if I had pulled out a gun. The Lobster Bisque Cup of Soup looked like a bowl to me. It came with three slices of bread. The soup was a little thick and I don't recall any lobster per se, but, it was passable. The sandwich was a Chicken Waldorf. It was huge. It came on artisinal bread that had a touch of sweetness to it. The chicken salad wasn't too mayonaised. It had the expected apple and grapes. They also added pine nuts. I love pine nuts. They are always welcome. On anything! I'm serious. It also came with half a basket of kettle chips. I stumbled out of there simultaneously proud and ashamed of myself for finishing my plate. The place is cute. It has four booths, 3 two seaters and some outdoor tables. It was almost full (mostly women). The table tops are shadow boxes layed on their side. The walls are brick. It has a wine cellar feel if wine cellars had windows. They had 5ish people pitching in. Service was good. The silverware was clean. It is located near The Sweet Shoppe near City Hall. I thought That Deli fed you. This place out does them on that front and destroys them on ambience. They make crepes too (but only in the morning - for now). The Delano has some stiff competition (these guys even take AMEX).

No comments: