Sunday, December 20, 2009

FHSAA Championships, Citrus Bowl

I saw Palm Beach Dwyer (or Matt Elam) destroy Niceville at the Citrus Bowl yesterday afternoon. Some kid with an Irish last name was also all over the field. He even punted. I spent some time in the Niceville section (wish I lived with all those beautiful people - it's near Destin) and some time in the endzone (actual seats with backs). I got a sun tan, saw some great players and only spent $10 (park downtown on the street and save $10 and get some exercise - day games only). I won't reveal where you can get $5 parking. My secret. They said 5000 were there. I doubt it. PB brought nobody. I hope Niceville makes again next year. I heard it had been 20 years. And I hope they can their QB who rotates the ball so the fat side is pointing towards his target. Maybe that's why all his passes fly out of the reach of his receivers. And does anyone teach footwork any more. These kids need to know that the shoulders follow the feet and the shoulders determine where the ball will end up. His one TD was a under thrown, dead duck heave that his reciver stole from double coverage. I would also like to warn OU that their RB commit was begging to come out during the last drive. He had quit. Potential attitude problem? And can the Niceville coaches run more than 7 plays? It wasn't like they were working.

No comments: