Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Loving Hut, Colonial

On my way home last wednesday, I had to stop at the giant hot dog that used to be in the Chevron station to see if it had changed. I thought that it was attached to a building now and renamed Loving Hut International Restaurant. It is not. Loving Hut is a cute vegan restaurant that has everything from sushi to burgers. I ordered a little snack to go to be polite. I was well pleased. They served me a hot bowl of vegetable soup while I waited. It was very good. And not very good for a vegetarian restaurant. They serve this - gratis - as a matter of course. The steamed tofu dumplings that I had at home were also very good. I believe they were a scant $2.95. They were filled with carrot and ginger, etc. The place was a Vietnamese restaurant around a year ago. They have maintained the physical structure and painted the walls yellow. I believe the tables and chairs are new. They exude a modern vibe. They have framed posters of famous vegetarians on the wall as well as big screen tvs. The place is small (50). It is cheery and light like their food and service. There were two other people there at 2pm.

I would suggest that they get a larger sign that makes it more clear that they are Vegan and not associated with the hot dog stand.

No comments: