Friday, March 19, 2010

Chef Henry's, Longwood - Closed

On Wednesday I completed the relocation shuffle (Journey's/Henry's) at Journey's old location in Longwood (east off I-4 where you see the Boston Market on 434). I had something called Flecken for $9. It was pork loin served open faced on artisanal bread. I was a little surprised it was breaded and open faced. The menu description was a little vague. It was very good no matter how it was described or what it did to my arteries. It was topped with sauteed onions and a jus replete with oil. They left the interior as you would have remembered it. They added some Austro-Hungarian/German relics. The clientele seemed the same (mostly older people who you would think were unworldly by their dress, but, refined by the things they were speaking of). I swear the same imbecile tried to seat me in the same Siberian ante-room two owners haven't yet found a solution for. At least it's not storing wine like the old days. Is there no way to light it? Thankfully, my waitress was less dis-obliging slash passive aggressively insulting. I think she was at the old location. Service was fast. The place is clean. It's tiny (seats 40?). Most things were more expensive than the Flecken. It's probably not a daily lunch place for most budgets nor would you want to indulge on this cuisine often, but, add it to a bi-monthly rotation.

No comments: