Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pickles, Longwood

Yesterday I had lunch at the deli in the strip mall behind the Boston Market on the east side of 1-4 on 434. I had a corned beef sandwich with potato salad for $8. The corned beef was tasty (they say they smoke it after it's delivered) but sliced a bit thin for me. I felt I was eating shavings. The sandwich was also tiny. You could finish it in two bites. The bread (rye) was cut too thick. You can't make up for a narrow loaf by cutting it thick. That just compounds the problem. It was like eating a vertically instead of horizontally. It was way too crusty as well. The potato salad was ok. A bit plain. A bit sweet. It needs some kind of seasoning. The location is in the old Volcano's coffee bar. They have retained that element of it. I don't remember the decor, but, I don't think they changed much. "They" are the owners of Craving's which is next door. The place seats about 60 (indoor and outdoor). About 5 others were there (all outside). If they can increase the portion sizes and ratios, I could recommend it. Nice people.

No comments: