Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Maitland Breakfast Club, Altamonte Springs

Today I had lunch at this "diner" on Orienta Ave in Maitland. Where the hell is that you ask. Take a right on Maitland Ave off 436 (near Panera's) and then the first left and look for the abandoned strip mall. I went because the readers in the Sentinel Best Of Poll recommended it. I call ballot stuffing. It was passable, but, hardly great. I had a breakfast special for $4.99. It had french toast (undercooked and no hint of vanilla or cinnamon or whatever else they said it would contain). The eggs (2) wer cooked nicely. The bacon was good. It was interesting to eat fried eggs with no mopping device. The place has an old ambience. Decor and patrons. It is split into two rooms that hold about 25. Service (2) was good. It was a bizarre spectacle. They had Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd on the sound system. It was an odd choice considering the customer base. I'm sure they wish you were here, but, I can't see a reason why you would search out this place unless you have an insatiable curiosity like myself.

No comments: