Saturday, March 27, 2010

Falafel Cafe, UCF

Last night I had dinner at this Mediterranean restaurant on University just before UCF. I had the Kibby dinner for $11. It contained a meatloaf of ground meat mixed with bulgur wheat and onions and pine nuts plus Hummus and Yogurt and Pita and Lentil Soup. Everything was delicious. The Lentil Soup was purred and creamy. The Yogurt was thick. The Hummus was light. The Kibbeh portion was large. That's usually a good thing, but, it is so flavorful that too much overwhelmed my senses. The place is small (serves 36ish). It has glass window in front and one one side. The tables mostly populate the right side of the space. The service (1) was good for me, but, might have been a little slow for others. They serve all the usual suspects plus a variation on yogurt called Labneh (with olives) and Holloumi (cheese). They also have regional wines. I had Lebanese. Great food experience. Strangely, Steve O from Jackass was sitting at the table across from me (really).

No comments: