Thursday, November 21, 2013

Club Crawl - Downtown: Saddle Up, Don Jefe's, Schumann's Jaeger Haus, Vixen and El Budare Food Truck

I went to these locations on Saturday night. It was an ok night despite the threat of rain. Alot of people were dressed up as gangsters from the 20's for some reason.

10-10:30pm: Saddle Up - A new country themed bar on Orange and Washington that takes up two or three commercial spaces. The girls here were the hottest. It makes it a prisoner's dilemna whether to stay and have your brain tormented by purile lyrics and infantile melodies or leave the most "normal" looking prospects in the area. The fact that most of the hip hop places offer the same but different conundrum makes the choice a little easier. You have to choose between Hannah Montana Cyrus and Twerky Cyrus. To me there is nothing more pathetic than Spring Breakers-like white trash, so I guess it's Hannah. The place doesn't charge a cover and I hope most of the "average" people who now go to Wall St come here. Save the ten bucks. They have three bars and people (mostly girls) were line dancing in the back. They have a patio. They weren't showing my football game so I had to leave. Came back later though.

10:30-10:40pm: Don Jefe's - I walked through the old Antigua's on Church St. They did an ok job. Seems like the same crowd, yo. Took to long to get served. Two of the three bars were bartender-less. 10:40-11:30pm: Schumann's Jaeger Haus - I caught the end of my game here and had a beer. The bartender had painted on eyebrows. It's the old Dragon Room on Church. They did a good job making it look like a German beer hall that would be at Epcot. I don't know why the didn't take the Bliss space. It already looked like a beer hall. I have to go back and try the food.

11:30pm-12am: Vixen - I can't remember how long this spot has had this name (or theme). It's a little, narrow spot on Orange across from Corona Cigars. It's so narrow that it is cut in half by the bar. It looks like the owner of the club next door kept getting bugged by his lower twenty something RISD girlfriend and gave her this spot to shut her up. It's a female empowerment bar. The manifestation of that message is sexually charged and confused women on canvas. The walls are covered with sluts. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just get ready for that type of night. Friendly service. The hottest bar (by line size) is two doors down. I just can't see waiting on line in Orlando.

12-1am: Back to Saddle Up

1am: El Budare Food Truck - Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and Arepas. I went to a Chicken Arepa for $5. Large and very good. They are on Pine on the highway side or Orange.

No comments: