Monday, November 4, 2013

Food Truck Bazaar - Sanford: La Empanada, Caro-Bama BBQ and Swededish

I ate from these food trucks on Saturday night. They were near the harbor.

La Empanada - I shared a trio of empanadas (chicken, beef picadillo, mac and cheese)for $9. All were great. Pastry was light and non-greasy. Probably egg roll wrapper. Made to order. A great start to the night.

Caro-Bama BBQ - I shared a brisket sandwich with Alabama white sauce (vinegar and mayo) for $7. My first white sauce. Fine, but, classic is better. Nice smoked brisket. Good second step.

Swededish - Grinding halt. Let me start by revealing that I'm half Swedish and I went with my full Swedish first gen cousin. We both hated it. Agreed that it was a piss poor representation of Swedish cooking. I had a Leif (meatballs, mashed potatos and cucumber salad) for $9. The meatballs were dense as gob stoppers and tasted like the salisbury steak you can buy frozen for $1 from Banquet. I had one and through the rest (5) out. Mt mother is a terrible cook and these made me long for her meatballs. The potatos were watery (not buttery like The Bite opined). I thought they might be mix in the bowl powdered, but, I think they were just poorly made. The cucumber was ok. My cousin had a Odin Sandwich (roast beef)for around the same price. It came with nothing. She took a bite or two and threw it out. I think she only ate what she did because I was so pumped to finally find this truck. Once again I apologize for my people. Swedish cuisine is trying to shake a poor reputation and this truck set us back decades. The menu isn't even a good representation of Swedish food.

No comments: