Monday, November 18, 2013

Pub Crawl - I Drive: Twin Peaks and Dave and Buster's

I stopped into these place on I Drive on Friday night.

Twin Peaks - How could you not add this to your to do list after seeing the billboards? It's, predictably, a pale clone of Hooters. The theme is Ron Swanson hunting lodge. All the fake bric a brac you can counterfeit. The one "differentiation" is 29 degree beer. I ordered Guinness and someone should inform management that 29 degrees doesn't work for all brands. This needs to be served "warmer" to allow that cascading action to take place. A large-ish mug was $7. The bimbos were artificially flirty (as expected). A little less marked up than Tilted Kilt girls, but, still too trashy for guys who believe tattoos are for sailors. All in all a perfectly uncomfortable, artificial experience conjured up to franchise a by the numbers assortment of fattening food. But, maybe you are a loser enough to want ogle single mothers and highschool drop outs yet so meek that you are intimidated by a strip club.

Dave and Buster's - Talk about yin and yang. The only oversized, artificial breasts were on the video screens. A really impressive arcade. I had never been to one. Part arcade and part carnival. I just walked around, but, I could see coming back to while away an hour or two. They had a restaurant and bar too.

No comments: