Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hagan O'Reilly's, Winter Garden

I went to this pub/bar way off the beaten path near some development called Stoneybrook on Wednesday. I tried some places around here a few years ago. They were all still there and there was a new strip mall across from this one that had a Cajun place. I went because it keeps showing up on "best of" lists. I just had a reasonably priced beer, so, I can't speak for the food. As a bar play, it just seems like another stupid Irish theme bar whose outside bar is probably unusable half the year. The most memorable thing that happened to me there that night was that I got some 'tude from an old guy next to me when I tried to ask him a question. I'll never understand why surly people go to a bar if they want to be alone. If you don't like people why do you surround yourself with them? You realize that the liquor is more expensive here, right? Please don't tell me that you think he thought he had a shot with the bartender or any other ladies. I think I'd have to live close by or be promised guaranteed sexual gratification (and a designated driver) to go back.

No comments: