Thursday, September 25, 2014

That One Spot, Ocoee

I went to this specialty burger place on Wednesday night. It's on Maguire Road and 50 in a strip mall. I had a BBQ Burger for $7.50 so I could report back on as many components as possible. I was kind of disappointed. They are supposed to be experts in the field. I found the burger patty itself to be the weak spot. They brag that it is composed of brisket, rib and chuck and made every week. Every week doesn't impress me and the blend was bland. It's also pressed like McDonald's patty. I don't like house burgers, but, how about something formed by hand? I think it's also around a quarter pound of meat. They don't say, so, I'd guess it's something they'd rather you not concentrate on. The temperature wasn't where I asked for it. Although, on a patty that thin it is usually doesn't make a difference to the texture. They seem to want you to concentrate on the toppings. That's a warning sign to me. My burger had cheddar cheese on it. It got lost and was otherwise unremarkable. The fried onion rings were perfect. The bacon was excellent. The bun was gourmet with a nice gloss (fresh and large too). The spiced pickle slices were good even if they were mass produced. The barbeque sauce tasted familiar (as in mass produced). They added some brisket to it as a gift, but, it wasn't what they think it is. It was tough. So, the sad part is that main component (and the next top meat) drags down the experience. They also have turkey, salmon, veggie and chicken burgers. Maybe these are better. Maybe it's secretly run by Hindus or the Chick Fil-a cows. It's an order at the counter place. It's clean and hip. It seats around thirty. I wouldn't seek it out if you have a competitor in this category in your town.

No comments: