Thursday, September 25, 2014

Yum-mi, Mills Ave

I went to this Banh Mi (mostly) restaurant on Mills last Wednesday. It's across from that gay bar (St Matthew's) I wote about a few weeks ago. I had an original Bahn Mi and ate it on Thursday. It had a small amount of pate, pork roll, head cheese and sliced roasted pork. It was fine. I didn't love the baquette. It was more of a hero roll. They overdid the cilantro. The veggies were fresh. It cost $4. They have around twenty Banh Mi's. They range from $4 to $8. They also have spring rolls, noodle salads, soup, sno (ice creamish), fruit freezers (smoothies), boba and coffee. There was another less professional bahn mi place here a few years ago. They replaced them and redid the inside and outside and expanded the menu a few years ago. I just always forget they are there. It's not the best or cheapest bahn mi place in town (that may be a small place on 50 that I forget the name of - near a travel agency), but, they are acceptable.

No comments: