Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Lafayette's, I Drive

I had lunch at this two year old Cajun spot at Pointe Orlando on Monday. It is on the second level across from Adobe Gila's in the old Lulu Bait Shack spot. It was ok. Too chain-y/theme-y for me. It has the usual Cajun menu. I had the one dish that seemed a bit refined. It was Paneed (Breaded) Chicken in a lemon caper sauce with a side salad of arugula and cherry tomato for $15. Kind of like a Milanese. It was ok. A small piece of pounded breast (paillard) in a light batter. Fresh salad. A lot of capers. The fried coating did mush up in the sauce. Service was a bit inattentive. A soda was $3. They had an industrial strength fan blowing on your neck even though it was temperate inside. They start the tip recommendations at 18%. It looks nice. Lots of free space. Two sections and a patio. A bar in between. Not my scene.

*There is a southern restaurant across the way called Itta Bene. It seemed interesting (rabbit fricasse). Only open at night. The piano bar scares me though.

No comments: