Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Too Much Sauce, Mills Ave

I grabbed a Luau Pork Bowl to go at this new (one month) fast casual place today. It replaces Giraffa Burgers in the strip mall on Mills Ave (and Virginia) that has the Whole Foods (I think that's the market). It is like a Noddles & Co (I think I have that name right). They use rice and/or quinoa instead of pasta. They try and space out the flavors so a multitude of cuisines are represented. Or you can mix and match. The ingredients aren't mundane. They offer some unique items like cauliflower rice and baby bella mush. My bowl wasn't bad. The rice was good. The pineapple pulled pork was over sauced, but, otherwise acceptable. It also came with sweet potato fries, a green salad and steamed green beans. They were fresh. The serving size was large. It cost $8. Not bad for an assembly line. They also have ice cream bowls for around $4. They aren't a chain. I liked it more than I thought I would. And I thought it would be an Italian place based on the name.

*I need the address (for you) some possibly bad or changed info I copied from the Orlando Weekly over the year. Maybe you are confused as well. I wrote down that a pizza place called Chalaten was to open around Lake Ivanhoe. I've driven around for months (and Googled) and there is no evidence of it. Similarly with a Pho place (Pho #7) on 50 near Mills. It is there, but, it has been closed the two times I've tried it. The phone number says it has been disconnected and a store owner nearby says they are closed. I've given up on them. I also think that place at the intersection of Virginia and Orange at Lake Ivanhoe (Nova?) has closed. It looked deserted while I drove by.

**I also meant to add that I'm thinking of opening my own (similarly sounding) place. It would be called Too Much Saus-ich.

No comments: