Monday, November 27, 2017

Muddy Waters, Thornton Park - Closed

I tried this Cajun spot where Mucho used to be (on S. Eola Dr) on Saturday for dinner. I had a disappointing meal at their first place (Two Chefs), so, I wasn't encouraged when the look of the menu was almost the same. I settled in on Shrimp and Grits because it was one of the more reasonably priced dishes ($18). It was the right call. The grits were cooked perfectly. They had a nice cheese essence. It was full of andouille. The shrimp (5) were pretty good. A little slippery, but, a nice size and not overcooked. It was hard to knife off the tails though. The bowl they come in isn't conducive to surgery. There were also some sauteed mushrooms and a hot sauce in the recipe. A big portion. They have been open for nine months. They kept the layout the same and changed out the decor. Like I said, the prices are a little high. Over $20 for many of the mains. The have an oyster bar and a bar bar. I think I read that the chef with the Louisiana roots runs this place and the Florida chef is at the old restaurant. Wine selection was low end.

No comments: