Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fork In The Road Food Truck, Winter Park

I had a Turducken Sandwich to go from this food truck on 17-92. I give it a nine for creativity, but a seven for execution. It was supposed to be self made duck bacon on top of a confit of duck wrapped around turkey. It was more like deep fried in a fryer duck around dry white turkey breast. Both fowls had little to no flavor. He needs to add some cinnamon or cardamon. Anything. The bacon was tastier when I fried it with my hamburger for dinner. It looked like luncheon meat pre-heat. The aioli and ciabatta bread it came on were good. And I'm left with a question. Where was the "en" (chicken)? Maybe I mis-remembered and it was chicken inside of turkey? That's how non-descript the elements were. The sandwich cost $9. I say it should be $6. Isn't the point of a truck to lower overhead? How are their prices always more than a restaurant? People will wonder why this fad crapped out and we will point to ridiculous price points fostered by bad business acumen. Don't overestimate your sales rate. He had a short rib sandwich for $9 and some mac and cheese bites for $6.

I need to edite my earlier review upon seeing the truck again. It was chicken around turkey with duck bacon on top. That is why it was dry and had little flavor. Makes the price even more suspect.

No comments: