Thursday, January 12, 2012

Japan Express, Winter Park

I had snack two of what I am terming "The Day of Eating Dangerously" at this Hibachi Drive Thru on Aloma (in the spot that most recently housed that fast food Mexican spot from the West Coast) today. This place is the impetus for why I named the day. I only ate here because I was in the neighborhood and I have an odd compulsion to try everything. I had a salmon and a white tuna roll for $4 a piece. The salmon was tasteless. The tuna had some flavor. The rice was ok. That is as far as I want to go with this until my digestive system gives me confirmation that everything was ok. I will add a salty comment to this blog post if it doesn't. What gives my pause is the condition of the restaurant. It is unclean. Tables aren't bussed. The cooking area is dirty. Things are not put away. No one else was in there. You might be asking "How could you order sushi then ?" It was the only area that seemed clean. The hot stuff looked disgusting and was expensive. I don't recommend it. In fact, I bet it goes out of business before the summer. It's as expensive as real sushi and hibachi at a real restaurant. There is no reason whatsoever to eat here. I know what you are thinking "Hibachi Drive Thru? What could go better together than Hibachi and Drive Thru? Make it cost as much as a dine in restaurant and add raw fish and I'm there seven days a week!" Don't be sucked in. And if you are, use the drive thru so you don't have to see how they make the sausage.

No comments: