Thursday, January 12, 2012

Uncle Jones Food Truck, Altamonte Springs

The third snack and act of "The Day of Eating Dangerously" takes us to 436 near 17-92 in the spot where the old Uncle Jones BBQ burned down. The antagonist is a pulled pork sandwich that smells like shit and comes out of what must be the rattiest roach coach on the planet. I don't think it even drives. I haven't eaten it yet. I haven' decided if it is worth the risk. There is so much to be apprehensive about: spit, bacteria, black man's ass. My mind is a whirl. This may be the first time I've 86ed a meal without trying it. I'll add a comment to the post if I find my courage. It was $6. It is a big serving. He has chicken, pork, ribs and sides. I hope I haven't unfairly disparaged his truck, but I didn't love the place when it had walls and that truck is ossified. He even nuked the sandwich before he served it. I wouldn't go here unless you are a "local". Why do I keep thinking off The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and that movie where Ryan Reynold's works at a Benningan's clone?

4/15/14 - Moved a little to the left.
11/5/15 - Moved to a Gas Station on 17-92 in Maitland

2 comments:

Henry the Ninth said...

I ate it. I'm still alive. I had to nuke it for 3 minutes before I felt everything would be killed. So, I can't comment on what it might have tasted like pre-nuke. It was ok. I liked my bbq sauce better than his hot sauce. It seemed to have a lot of black pepper on it. At least I hope it was black pepper. Still not going back.

1574nipe said...

Wow, what a ignorant-ass, douche canoe you seem to be.

And your seating capacity count is WAY the fuck off (has nothing to do with this review at all, I just don't feel like posting another comment).