Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bombay Cafe, OBT

I was trying to parlay an Indian adventure to my Chef Eddies afternoon two Fridays ago, but, only this place was open. It's in a building of all Indian stores on OBT near to Sand Lake. Look for the more obvious House of Spices billboard. It's clean. It's owned by the people who own Aashirwad and Tamarind. It's vegetarian. I had some wild dish that I can't remember the name of. It was puffed rice with some bits of onion and peanuts that you toss a spicy sweet black sauce on. It was interesting. It cost $6. I tried to save it in the fridge for when I got back from my cruise, but, something in there went bad in a week. I had to toss the leftovers. I'm not sure I love vegetarian dishes enough to go back. The Orlando Weekly said to try a sampler platter that I forget what the Indian term is.

No comments: