Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Coleman's Sports Design Pizza, Lee Rd

I went to this Italian cum Sports Bar on Lee Rd on Monday for lunch. If you are wondering why I've been frequenting this arm pit of an area lately, it is because my mechanic is near by. This place is another reason to avoid the area. It's (how can I say this non-Sterlingly) what you get when a "differently created" segment of society tries to cook Italian food. I had a 12" Italian Sub for $7. They put mayonnaise on Italian meats! ALOT of mayonnaise. Then they served it warm. Mmm. Warm mayonnaise. And I did ask for it cold. That wasn't the only mis-communication (easy to explain since there were three others there at the time). I wanted the large soda on the menu. They (in actuality) only have one size and it's a small. They charged for the large. I asked for no ice. They put in gross looking ice. They said refills. I wasn't offered one. They also added some grated Parmesan on the sandwich like they do in all the Italian places. I forgot to add that they buttered the roll because obviously it wasn't fattening enough. And we wonder why certain demos are that overweight. The place also didn't have the AC on. I'm not sure if they were saving money or it's broken. There really isn't table service. The places seats about fifty. It's done up with sports memorabilia. It's an old building. It was Spiro's a while back. They said they've been open for a year. They have a pizza buffet. However, it looks like Cici's pizza and they only had a pie and a half in the mix when I was there. They don't take AMEX.  I wouldn't give this place a sniff if I was you. Thank God you have me to take the bullet for you.

I have heard this concept has been so successful that they are going to mix two other incongruous cultures in a Polish Sushi place opening nearby.Their signature dish is going to be raw sausage. Would raw schnitzel have been funnier? Should I have said it comes with mayo?

No comments: