Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pub Crawl - Audubon Park and Mills: Winter Park Beer Company, L'il Indies and Matador

I went to this one bar in the old Taps From Scratch location in Audubon Park and these bars on or near Mills Ave two Friday nights ago.

Winter Park Beer Company - It's exactly like Taps except now they brew watery beer. Same owner. It's been open for a few weeks. They were playing trivia games. There were about twenty people there. Boring like before.

L'il Indies - They added this free entry bar next to Will's Pub. It's cute. Who wouldn't like old Playboy centerfolds on the wall? It's more of a craft cocktail place than it's ubiquitous craft beer cousins. It's pretty small. It was full-ish. Parking is a pain. I parked behind Hawkers on a residential street. Will's Pub was having a concert so I couldn't try that for you. I think they still demand a $5 cover. They had a food truck parked outside.

Matador - This place is next to the Bodega Santiago on Virginia. It used to be downtown. I parked in the new condo parking lot. Some people told me that they tow there. Parking is a pain. They have a valet. It's just a bar bar. It was pretty empty. I think you have to have a hipster mustache to work there. Pass.

I had to jump a cruise the next day, so, I couldn't linger.

No comments: