Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bonfires, Oviedo - Closed

I had an order of potato skins with brisket at this old Woody's location on 434 near Red Bug Lake Rd on Friday. It cost $6. It was composed of  two (supply store prepared) hollowed out skins with packaged cheddar cheese and (most likely) pre-smoked brisket microwaved and put in a box. You could tell the meal was nuked because it was a thousand degrees and the brisket was as dry as jerky. Totally what I expected from a place like this. It looks like it did when it was Woody's (two years ago). Faux rustic. It was filled with the same class of people. If you just want to get drunk around a bunch of other small town neighbors and eat some familiar bar food, this is the place for you. I'm not above doing that, but, I wouldn't exactly call it pleasure to do so. It would be more about sustenance (or drunkenness) at that point. You may be able to find some non-microwaved items on the entree menu.

*6/13/19 - If this review was for a place on Alafaya Trail then I think they are back at this location. I passed by and I swear the sign now says Bonfires.

No comments: