Saturday, May 3, 2014

Grub/Pub Crawl - ZaZa, Theo's Kitchen and Rogue Pub

I went to these places on Curry Ford Rd and at or near Crystal Lake Dr (I think) on Thursday night. It's south of the Milk District and East of Downtown.


ZaZa New Cuban Diner - I had a Vaca and Cheese sandwich for $8. It was a stewed-like beef with potato sticks, grilled onions and swiss cheese. It was delicious. I'm not selling it well be calling it stewed beef. It had way more flavor. I just wanted to communicate that it was tender. It also came with some adequate french fries. You can choose any of the other sides. The place isn't amazing to look at. it looks like a fast food place. They have the usually Cuban lunch fare and the breakfast sandwiches are probably great. They are cheap. The have some Cuban desserts too. They also plate up the sandwich elements in platters. They are opening a branch in Winter Park shortly.

Theo's Kitchen - This is run by a Syrian family. It's mostly Greek food with what is supposed to be some great fried chicken. It was in a different location years back. They've been in Orlando since the 70's. I had a Beef Shwarma. It was good. The beef was very redolent of what I think was Sumac. It's also not much to look at. I doubt you'd be coming for the decor anyway.

Rogue Pub - Hands down the best of this type of bar in Central Florida. Better than Redlight Redlight. Better than Oblivion. Better than World of Beer. You get the picture. Not the most selection, but, the most interesting. From ALL over! They serve some food. It has a pool table and dart boards. They have a uninspired wine selection. However, beer is the star. They have got the beer part DOWN The crowd wasn't fussy though. Plenty of guys drinking $1.50 Yuengling's (sp). I left at 10pm, so, I don't know if it gets crazy.

*I should add that I went down for a place called Lima 41. It's out of business.

No comments: