Sunday, May 25, 2014

Txokos Kitchen, Audubon Park - Closed

I grabbed a light dinner two Friday's ago after my large lunches at this new (three weeks) Basque restaurant in the new food market on Corrine. I had a fig and manchego offering for $5 or $4. The manchego was slightly aged. They put the components on skewers. I also had braised oxtail with a cheese spread (forgot what kind - probably bleu) and a marmalade (forgot what kind) for $4 or $5. They (2) were served on crostini. They were good. The place seats about seventy in the two inside room and twenty on the patio. It was packed. It was an upper class group of people. They serve a modest menu of fish, steak and other entrees. I sat in front of the wood fired grill. The decor is hot. It is theme appropriate. Service was great. They didn't make you feel bad for nibbling. Things came out fast. The owners own some popular fish restaurant in New Smyrna. I recommend it. I'm anti tapas, but, this is more than that. It's a little on the expensive side.

No comments: