Monday, August 18, 2014

An Tobar, Maitland

I had dinner at this Irish Pub in the Sheraton on Friday. I'll start off by reminding you that I don't like hotel associated spots, Irish Pubs or $4 sodas. That said, it was ok. It's large. It has so many nooks that I have to guess it seats 100+. It looks like a pub knockoff. It's clean. The menu is barely Irish. Four things could be considered typical and two of those are English in origin. I settled on the only thing that was novel. It was a roasted chicken breast on a baguette with Swiss and creamed spinach inside. It cost $11. The chicken was perfectly cooked and large. The creamed spinach is inspired. I've never seen it before. It seems so obvious now, but, kudos for the creativity. It came with a salad or fries. The salad had what you would expect in a salad. It seemed to have been prepped earlier on and suffered because of that. Service was pretty good. They did do that thing where they bring you a refill after you have eaten your meal. The menu is priced to exploit it's hotel connection. It's a hodge podge. I'm not sure if they got lucky on my chicken, so, I can't comment on if they make the banal delicious. It doesn't seem like a "hot spot". I'd wager that it's geezers at happy hour. I went from hating it because of the menu to liking it because of the chicken to being aggravated with it for making my last memory a $4 soda. The wine list can be found at Winn Dixie. The beer list had like three Irish beers. Not a destination spot.

No comments: