Monday, August 18, 2014

Yamas, I Drive - Closed

I just had a bowl of chicken soup at this Greek restaurant on Saturday night. It cost $5. It was a bit bland, but, ok. I believe the spot used to be a high end seafood place. However, the exterior looked Japanese. They really didn't do much to the inside. It hardly screams Greece. The inside is huge. The outside patio (on the strip) was the only area open. The played bad reggae and people smoked hookahs and there was a belly dancer. The bartender was friendly. The menu was largish. The prices were reasonable. It's in the right area for what they are putting out.

I forgot to add that I was at Downtown Disney before this and those liars would have you believe that Pleasure island is finished. It isn't. I think it has been ten years since they began. I think it has been two years since I last saw it and they only added one cheese ball restaurant in the mean time. They still have a horrible temporary walkway between the La Nouba part and the Rain Forest cafe part. And of course they can't resist trying to narrow those labyrinths by installing kiosks, etc to sell you crap. I don't know who is in charge of this project, but, they won't be getting any employee of the month awards. Traffic was also outrageous with other uncompleted projects dotting the property. Stay away.

No comments: