Saturday, August 9, 2014

B & B Caribbean Restaurant, Altamonte Springs

I had a few appetizers to go from this Caribbean restaurant on 436 in between Ronald Reagan and 17-92 on Wednesday. They were cheap, mostly good and came out quick. I had a Jamaican Beef Patty that could have been frozen packaged. It was $1.75. I had Phoulori (10) for $1.25. They were fritters made out of a fine corn meal. They were fresh and not greasy. I think they call this Festival in Jamaica. I don't remember having it in Trinidad. I also had a Doubles for $1.79. It was a chick pea pancake "sandwich" with a curried chick pea puree inside. It was a bit greasy and over spiced, but, it was good. I didn't have this in Trinidad either. The owners are Trinidadian and Dominican (not DR). The menu seem a little more West Indian (Indian) as a result. That's fine by me. Give me your roti, curries, King Fish (Mackerel family) and other fish dishes. I was looking for a Bake 'n' Shark. They also have jerks, stews and other sister island dishes (no ackee). They have Caribbean sodas and a daily lunch special for $4. It was stew red beans which I think is a stew with red beans in it nor just red bean stew. The place was a little bare. I can't recall seeing alot of tables. It's closed on Monday. It was clean. There was one waitress (the daughter) and the mother was cooking the food. It's where an old Jewish restaurant was. There are not many West Indian (if any) on this side of CF. This may be your go to if you want to try it. They have been there for a while.

No comments: