Monday, August 18, 2014

Club Crawl - Downtown: Aku Aku, Vanity and Falcon Bar

I went to these place in Thornton Park and Downtown on Friday night.


9pm-10pm: Aku Aku - This Tiki Bar above Stardust (same owners) was in the Stardust in Vegas. Now they're both here. It looks good. It opened earlier this year. They serve tons of rums and all those cheezy drinks in those cheezy glasses. I had a Mai Tai for $9. It's a small spot and was mostly full. the staff was personnable.

10pm-12:30am: Vanity - This club across from the cigar bar is on the second level. It always had a line down the street earlier this year, so, I skipped it. No line tonight. It's a hip spot. the bartenders were hot. The club reminded me of a club in Hong Kong. It had a few white faces and alot of international ones. If I wasn't exhausted by a trip to the Keys, I would have had a great time. Drinks were $8.

12:30-1am: Falcon Bar - This place is diagonal from Grafitti Junction on East Washington in Thornton. It's a gallery that serves beer. It wasn't very crowded at that time of night.

*I also drove by a place called Brink that the bald guy from the Sentinel suggested. He forgot to mention that  it is a gay bar. It was on Amelia near the courthouse.

No comments: