Monday, August 18, 2014

Shake Shack, Winter Park

I just got some cheese fries at this gourmet fast food burger place from NYC on Saturday. They cost $4. I've been to three of their locations in NYC (years ago), so, I knew what I was in for. The fries were perfect crinkle cuts. The cheese dip was great. I had never tried anything other than their burgers before (similar to Burger Fi). That and a Subway BLT (I think) that I left in my car too long the day before that turned my insides into toxic waste that morning made me settle on the starch. They did a great job with the place. It overlooks a lake. It's not that much more than you pay for similar things at Wendy's. It was jammed, but, my stuff came out quick (another tip - non-burger stuff comes out quicker). Parking is next to impossible since it's in the same strip mall as Trader Joe's (17-92 near Hillstone). I know they have alot of franchises now, but, this is your only choice around here. Our local boys are just as good though. How much can you really do to a burger? We didn't really need them (or any gourmet burger play), but, I'm sure the NY connection will make them popular for a while.

No comments: