Saturday, December 6, 2014

Cavallari Gourmet, Lake Mary - Closed

I had a turkey sandwich at this meat/gourmet market on 46A and Int'l Parkway (in the shopping plaza across from the one with the Amstar) on Thursday. It cost $8. It was the closest thing I've had to a basic NY deli sandwich since I've been down here. It had about six times the meat and cheese as a Jersey Mike's sandwich (like a proper sandwich should). Plus, their large is as big or bigger than a JM's and therefore cheaper. I had the cheaper turkey (a buck or two less) and the quality still surpassed JM's (and I think they are the best fast food sandwich chain). The roll was good. You could choose from around seven cheeses ( I chose havarti). Greens were included (a little wilted). As were condiments. I was full after half a sandwich, but, powered through because it was so good. They have around twenty sandwich varieties. They make their own roast beef (and I think - turkey). You can get half sandwiches. I also bought a rice ball for $2.69. It was decent. They have prepared meals, a ton of meats, delicacies and a variety of pantry items. They also have beer and wine. It 's a pretty decent specialty market (Italian oriented). It's a little more expensive than a major supermarket,so, I'd buy the stuff they duplicate there and then supplement your stores with these guys. And drop all chain sandwich places from your rotation and go here. They also have a place in Oviedo.

No comments: