Saturday, December 6, 2014

Grub Crawl - SoDo: Sugar Divas Cakery and Smoothie Room

I grabbed some uselessness at these two spots in that condo complex on S Orange yesterday.

Sugar Divas - I bought a brownie for $3 at this cupcake, wine and specialty cake place. I haven't tried the brownie yet. The cupcakes were tiny and around $3. The selection was small. I think their raison d'etre is expensive, custom made cakes. The place a spick and span. They have opened recently. They won't take AMEX.

Smoothie Room - This pointless smoothie, tea, nonsense bar has somehow stayed in existence for three years. I though I lampooned it the last time I was down here, but, I guess I was more sensible back then. I suffered through a Yerba Matte tea for $3 for you people. All they did was put a tea bag in a cup. And the tea bag must have leaked because I was imbibing some kind of dust from the beginning. And no I didn't leave it in there to long. They are so pointlessly green (cheap) that they wouldn't give me a receipt. Can someone check with the licensing commission and see if that is legal?

No comments: