Monday, December 8, 2014

Bar Crawl - Winter Park: The Porch and Frank & Stein's (Closed)

I went to these bars in Winter Park on Saturday night.

The Porch - This place is diagonally across from Fiddler's Green. It has been open for 10 months (I think). I could swear there was something with name on I Drive a few years back, but, couldn't find a reference in my blog. It's nice. It has an outdoor area you see from the street and a much bigger inside. The inside is divided into two sections. It reminds me of the old O-Boys. The FSU game was on, so, it had that crowd. Mostly thirty and over. It was packed. The menu was funky. They have things like Grown Up TV Dinner. Alcohol prices were good and they actually listed them. They have $5 Jack all night. I didn't stay because I had to try the newest place in town (next paragraph) and the noise from the maxed out TV speakers was ear splitting.

Frank & Stein's - They did a bang up jump retro-fitting the old Shipyard space on Fairbanks. The bar area cascades against all of the far wall. They have a lot of tables. TVs everywhere. The noise from the foozball games wasn't as prevalent as at Porch. You could hear yourself think. The staff was polite and knowledgeable. They have huge beer label murals on the ceiling/ They have a great selection of craft beer (with prices and lists on a menu). They have food. The pizzas are probably bad (those conveyor belt "ovens"), I would stick to a hot dog. Good job. Better than the downtown location. The clientele was even older than Porch (if you can believe that). This was their first official week open.

No comments: