Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pub Crawl - Sanford: Wop's Hops and The Purple Grape

I had drinks at these two new comers on South Sanford Ave on Friday night.

Wop's Hops - The first good (non watery) locally brewed beer I've had. I had a Sweet Potato Ale (I think) for $6. It was flavorful and had body. They serve around eight home brews and several other brands. The place is cute and the have a very large fenced in outdoor area. It was pretty full. They are the head of the class. Actual females even patronized this place.

The Grape Room - A few folks at Wop's said this place would have a darker clientele and they were partially right. The main group was composed of middle aged Latinas, but, some white devils came in while I was there. The wine selection is lower end. I had a blase Carmenere for $8. The owner was nice and seemed happy to be doing what he is doing. The place looks inviting.

No comments: