Monday, December 8, 2014

Grub Crawl - UCF: Nar and Ice & Bites

I ate at these two places in a strip mall across from Knight Library on University on Sunday

Nar Mediterranean Grill - I had a beef doner kabob sandwich to go for $8. The meat (I think it's beef and lamb) was very good. The owner says he makes it in house. The pita was more like a flat kaiser roll than the flimsier pita you usually get. The lettuce were ok. They offer a hot and a traditional sauce on the side. I thought the white sauce would already be on it, so, I asked for hot. It was pretty plain as it was, so, I just ate the meat and then used the rest to make myself a fish sandwich. The place used to be a pizzeria. They still offer that. It didn't look that good. They have a pretty small selection. You can get the five-ish types of fare on rice or in a platter too. It's a small, non-descript place. The owner was nice. He's from Istanbul. The name means pomegranate. Not a destination spot.

Ice & Bites - This place was called Sno Tea. It's a Taiwanese boba, shaved ice, tea, etc place. It's hip inside. I had one of the two hot items (fried wontons or french fries) they serve. I had wontons for $3. They were fine. proably store bought. At least they didn't nuke them. Not a destination spot.

No comments: