Saturday, December 6, 2014

Le Gourmet Break, Downtown

I just grabbed a pumpkin tart from this French breakfast, lunch and snack spot on Magnolia near Church on Friday. Since it closes at 2pm everyday, I find it hard to get to it. It was to be part of a trifecta that included another pastry shop and coffee bar near by. I screwed up the coffee address (in a different area and the bakery closed down, so, I decided to just grab a to go item here and go to plan b (you'll see plan b in proceeding posts). The tart cost $4. It was good. There were some sand like particles in it. They have sandwiches, pastries, quiches, salads, soups, omelets, crepes, coffee, etc. It looks clean. I think the owner may be French Canadian or Flemish French by look. The accent didn't sound Canadian though. In any event, the food seemed authentically French (good quality). It seats around fifty. It was pretty full. Sandwiches were around $7 (for reference).

No comments: