Friday, December 19, 2014

Club Crawl - Downtown: Hansen's Shoe Repair, Hen House and Patio

I went to these bars on Saturday night.

10-11pm: Hansen's Shoe Repair - I finally nagged my way in after a year. It's the private, room deck over NV that you are supposed to call ahead for a reservation. It was fun. It has a little "library" and a little outdoor deck. The best part was watching them try and keep people from taking photos. They really take themselves very seriously. That's probably a good thing, but, my inner puck always rolls his eyes at authoritarianism. They were very quick to acknowledge your existence and order. They have a lot of artisanal elixirs and they practically jizz on you if you want a crafted cocktail. Got to love the passion if you don't understand it. The crowd was full of swells (most from the Gatsby party). People were friendly and the close environs (and stiff drinks) forced people to acknowledge your presence.

11pm-12am: The Hen House - I walked around the now cover free Wall St area and only liked the vibe at the former Sauced BBQ locale. it's now made up to look like a whore house. I mean brothel. The main attraction (other than by omission - undesirables) was the bartender. A little pixie-ish blond that looked like a pretty Kristen Chenowith.

12am-2am: I settled in at the Patio (old Eye Spy). It was such a freak show that I ended up bird watching all night. The bartender here was pretty nice too. *by alerted that this was supposed to be called Spy Bar.

No comments: