Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pub Crawl - Downtown: Tsar and Ferg's Depot (Closed)

Tsar is around the corner from Much Nacho's (across from Oudom) on South Eola and Ferg's is on the train track at Church St.

Tsar - I went here after dinner at 10pm. There were about ten dudes there. Some older groups came in later. It has been open for a month. I don't know if it is the name, but, it reminds me of the sort of bar that usually has a drunken money manager or wise guy holding court amidst a table full of Champagnes with names he can't pronounce and Vodka and Red Bull. Think techno music from ten years ago and mirrors and faux marble. It's not trashy. It's just a bit Kardashian. A place you would take a Real Housewife. Don't get me wrong. I spent alot of my misspent youth in places like this. I may even have spent the night here if the crowd was right. It may have been. I was just too ticked off at the humidity (walked from Church St) and the general sense of dullness I sensed in the air to find out. My mind was on getting back to Downtown. Try it. They have a nice selection of hard liquor. I think I read some Turks own it.

Ferg's Depot - We had "too big to fail". Do we now have "too big not to fail"? I grabbed a beer here. They aren't really open yet, but, they were serving some beer to FSU fans watching the game with Miami. The place replaces the whole train depot. I guess it's going to be a restaurant too. Grand plans and I hope it works because it looks like they took this seriously. However, they are going to need alot of customers. El Jefe just closed. Graffiti Junction is a new neighbor. I wish them luck. I'll check back in a couple weeks.

It was Gay Pride day on Saturday. I don't know if that killed the vibe, but, the area was dead and I saw alot of Black College weekenders driving in. On the DL? I also want to dispel the notion that gays are neat. Ask the streets of Orlando after the festivities.

No comments: