Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Wake Up Cafe, New Smyrna Beach

This place is next to Off The Hook in the Indian river Village Shopping Center of A1A. I ate lunch here on Sunday. It's a coffee shop run by an Argentine who draws from his own country (father had a lomito stand - beef sandwich) and Spanish influences. I had a Latin Special that consisted of two eggs, a chicken empanada and a side. I chose the grits with Pisto Manchego (a mix of tomato, zucchini, squash, bell peppers , onions, garlic and manchego cheese). That was the highlight. A big bowl. The eggs were fine too. The empanada was a little oil filled. It was fresh though. They have a nice menu. Just open from 9-2. Prices are good. Eggs Benedict is only $8. A bagel with cc is $2. My meal was $6. They have breakfast items and sandwiches and soups and salads. Around 10 Argentinian items. The place seats around forty. They have a counter. Service was good. They have been open for 3 years. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better breakfast in NSB. It was full when I tried it. I don't seem to be alone in my belief. I like the blend of cultures and it feels like it still has the original puppeteer behind the curtain. Nice find.

No comments: