Saturday, November 14, 2015

Chilangos, Winter Springs

I grabbed dinner at this Mexico City style restaurant on 434 on Thursday. I went here when it first opened and had some of my first Mexico City centric fare. Then it closed. I thought they just never took the sign down, so, I never went back. I ate at a Greek place near by a few months ago and I saw it "re-opened". It turned out that they "re-opened" seven years ago and I could have been eating there all along. This time I grabbed a Chimichanga because it was at half price on Thursday (and like Seinfeld I like saying Chimichanga). It cost $3,50 and was filled with your choice of meat. I chose chicken tinga. It was ok. A little kick back the next day. I also had a pibil taco that was a little dry. It cost $1.50. In any case, there are few place around who serve huaraches, pozole, pambasos, sopa azteca along with sopes, sinchronizadas, etc. They also have the common Mexican fare. I'd love to explain what those first items are, but, I think you should see for yourselves. Mexico City has most of the most sophisticated Mexican cuisine. I'm not saying this place reaches that level, but, it brings more to the table than most places. Prices are excellent. The place is small. It seats about thirty. It's a Mom and Pop. The walls are painted bright colors. They have lots of mementos from MC. The name is slang for people from Mexico City. It's in a strip mall on the way to Winter Springs from 17-92.

No comments: