Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Cowgirls, I Drive - Closed

I tried this Coyote Ugly/Urban Cowboy theme bar next to the ferris wheel on Saturday night. It was the first day it was open. Hurray. I only popped by around four times since their purported opening date in May. Of course it was not worth the wait. $9 Jack and Cokes aside. It's just a theme bar for tourists looking for a cliche "American" experience and people who have jean shorts in their closet. Wasn't Toby Keith's empty bar enough for this neighborhood? They have a mechanical bull. They dance on the bar. They play shitty country music. The place is big. They serve food. Is this a family atmosphere? I think trying to "middle" the market would alienate both groups. Then again we are a Honey Boo Boo America in a "feed my baby Fanta" world. The left wall is a fake seven dollar bill mural. I forget the rest. They have a patio. It's basically a strip club without the strip. Cowgirls are barrel scrapings to begin with. Cowgirls with tattoos and piercings are even worse.

No comments: