Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Grub Crawl - Belle Isle: East Coast Wings and Sharon's

I went to these spots on South Orange on Sunday.

East Coast Wings and Grill - I ordered ten wings to go for $10. I did them a disservice as I left them in their packaging until dinner and they steamed. Even with that and the nuking, they were good. Meaty. They came with celery and carrots. They were fresh. I tried a custom sauce (peppadew ranch), blue cheese and a hot sauce. They were ok. The order came out quick. So quick that I worried that they weren't fresh or cooked long enough. I don't know if they cook to order because of this. The place seats about 60 inside. Mostly booths. And forty on an outside patio. It looks like a converted fast food restaurant. They are a chain from North Carolina. They have booze, beer and wine. They were showing sports on TV. It was pretty empty at noon. They have a full menu.

Sharon's Place - I mostly drove down here to try this home cooking type place that I saw when I was last down here trying the defunct Uncle Henry's. I had eggs benedict with hash browns for $9. They were ok. The hollandaise was a little sweet and vinegary. The browns were a little chewy. They close at 2 or 3pm. They serve a full breakfast and burgers and sammies and specials. Alot of things I saw being served at other tables looked good. The place seats about sixty. It was full. The furniture is a little mix and match. They have some cute multi-panel window or door frames hung on the wall. In each panel is a mason jar filled with dried flowers. They had more than enough wait staff (6) for the room. I didn't have to wait long for my meal. The crowd was a mix of all kinds. They opened six months ago. A fine diner.

1 comment:

GOSTACEYKANE said...

Thanks so much for coming into our Orlando location and it sounds like you liked our wings. The wings come in fresh never frozen and are indeed cooked to order. Also, your flavor and heat index is mixed to order right before they are served.

Cheers!

Stacey Kane
VP of Marketing